On vacation in Brittany, France I spent one evening doing Astrophotography using the Polarie for tracked exposures: Read More
While in the process of making a photobook in Lightroom I wanted to review the book before actually ordering it. For this I wanted to have the pages in JPEG format instead of one big PDF.
It turns out that with ghostscript one can easily extract the images.
I am using cygwin on a Windows 7 64 Bit operating system to work with ImageMagick, Ghostview and the like.
But before I was able to use ghostscript I had to fix this error I was getting about the font Arial.ttf not being found, after some research I found that creating the missing directories and adding a link to the font in the Windows directory fixes that issue:
ln -s /cygdrive/c/Windows/Fonts/arial.ttf /usr/share/fonts/TTF/
With the so-called super-moon shining brightly outside the chances of successful meteor observations are pretty low due to the light of the moon washing out the fainter stars and of course meteors too!
But as the weather prospect for the next few nights is pathetic I set up the camera and took 434 shots using my Nikon D7000 with the Samyang (Rokinon, Walimex) 14mm f/2.8 camera at f/2.8, 2,5s and ISO3200. One of the frames actually captured a quite bright meteor:
Today I was surprised to see a very prominent parhelic circle (http://www.atoptics.co.uk/halo/parcirc.htm) while having lunch with friends on our terrace.
Last week’s snow has almost completely melted and the stars are reflected in the resulting puddles of meltwater.
This image is a stack of 38 individual exposures: Nikon D7000, Walimex (Ssamyang) 14mm f/2.8, 30s at f/3.2, ISO 1600. Stacked in Startrails, edited in Photoshop (airplane removal) and Lightroom.